Sunday, October 21, 2012

Last long run

Before I get to the last long run before my half next week (eek!) I thought I would share a couple pictures from the walk I took yesterday afternoon.  During my break at work I decided to get out and take a walk.  I walked a mile.  It was so beautiful out.  A little overcast but I couldn't get over all the pretty fall colors on the trees.




I snapped the pictures with my phone and apparently the the overcast sky caused most of the pictures I got to turn our dark (shoot).  

Anyway, I also have another couple pics to share, totally unrelated to running.  Here is crazy J catching a ride with Pops (his grandfather) in the store.  I swear the kid is crazy.


(sorry that was also taken with my phone and it was an action shot so it is a little blurry).

J might be crazy but I sure do love him!



So yesterday I did it, the longest run to date:





Overall pace was like 10:50 something.  I did have a little ankle/lower leg stiffness in my left leg but it worked its way out.  Next Saturday is the half.   My goal is still just to be able to finish. 

I had originally thought  about doing a run/walk method but I think if I start out at a good slow pace I should be able to run most of it.  Not to say I won't take a couple walk breaks but I do want to try to minimize them.  

I really needed that run to have a little more confidence going into next Saturday.  I am not sure what kind of training I will do this week.   Along with my left lower leg my left knee is bothering me some too so I think I will probably try to just take it easy this week.  Probably will add a lot of rolling and icing to my nights. 

No comments:

Post a Comment